The empty weight varies from 252 lb (114 kg) to 300 lb (136 kg), with 275 lb (125 kg) useful load depending on the individual configuration. Most existing units are configured with engines vary from 28-46 hp carbureted engines however the engine of the unit represented here was based on a Japanese 55 hp twin boxer. The Aerolite 103 is sold either as an assembly kit or as fully assembled aircraft therefore every units differ from one another somewhat. The wings are covered by the builder with pre-sewn polyethylene fabric envelopes. The self-assembly kits does not include powerplant, propeller or instruments hence the wide variety of configurations.
Due to its fragile construction acrobatics are strictly prohibited and the take-off and landing procedures should be performed not faster than 30-32 knots to prevent damage to the frame or the gear assemblies. The air cooled twin-boxer engine has a maximum 55 hp power at of 4200 RPM with air cooling, operation on full throttle/maximum performance is limited to 15-20 mins depending on the environmental conditions to prevent overheating.
Because of the open-cockpit design with unobstructed view and the highest distance per fuel units available the Aerolite 103 ultralight airplane is a perfect hobby aircraft and offers unique flying experience either in real world or in MS Flight Simulator.
- Highly detailed 3D model
- Accurately simulated engine performance/limitations
- Accurately simulated flight dynamics
- Instrumentation for basic navigation
- 12 liveries
- Easy to understand short manual
- Native next gen MSFS 2020 format (not port over)
- Supports most of MSFS 2020 visual features
- Fully animated fuselage, controls and instruments (ailerons, levers, switches, wing-flex, etc)