The Mil Mi-2 (NATO code name is “Hoplite”) was developed in the former Soviet Union by Mil Design Bureau in the early 60’s as a turbine engine-powered successor of the Mi-1 hare.
Its first flight was in 1961 and the serial manufacturing started in 1965 by the polish WSK-Swidnik (now PZL-Swidnick) plant and ended in 1985. Over 5200 Mi-2s have been built since 1965 mainly for the former Soviet Union and other former Warsaw Pact nations and many of them are still in use. The Mi-2 found widespread fields of activity both with military, state and commercial operators. Besides transport of freight and passengers, the Mi-2 has also found work as ambulance, police and Search-and-Rescue helicopter.
This addon represent three variants:
• Military transport (russian panel)
• Simple passenger transport (english panel)
• Ambulance (Budapest Aircraft Service’s HA-BGH – hungarian panel)
- Accurate and detailed interior and exterior models
- Reflective textures
- Interior and exterior lights
- 2D panels and full clickable 3D virtual cockpit
- Animated parts (doors, pilots, switches, attitude indicator in VC, etc.)
- Custom animations (such as IFR curtain in virtual cockpit)
- Realistic flight dynamics tested by real Mi-2 pilots
- Many simulated system operations (firefighting, de-ice, improved trim, electrical, etc.)
- English manual